Organizational Self-Assessment Tool (OSAT)
Welcome to the Organizational Self-Assessment Tool for HIV/AIDS Funded Organizations and Programs (OSAT). This voluntary-use tool was developed by the Ontario Organizational Development Program (OODP) to assist ASOs and HIV-funded programs to strengthen their capacity to improve the quality and effectiveness of their organizations and programs.
- Assist Boards and Executive Directors (EDs) to assess their community-based organization’s capacity to meet accountability requirements and better achieve its mission and goals;
- Grow the body of knowledge and skills across the HIV/AIDS sector required to build and sustain strong organizations; and
- Provide a framework that helps HIV/AIDS organizations and programs be more systematic about identifying organizational/program strengths as well as gaps and areas for improvement.
The information gathered through applying this tool should provide your organization with a detailed assessment of what is working well and what areas would benefit from improvement.
- Practical and easy to use;
- Completed at your own pace;
- Flexible – can begin with any module;
- Based on an adult learning approach;
- Unique to each HIV/AIDS program/organization;
- EDs/Boards can adapt these modules to their own organization’s capacity and/or individual needs;
- A catalyst for program planning and evaluation; and
- Assistive towards developing knowledge and building successful practices that support healthy organizational development across the sector.